We will share details on all GSK funded independent medical education grants in Canada as part of our ongoing commitment to transparency.
In 2016, a total of $373,000 was provided as part of the Spring and Fall funding rounds. This funding was used to support five independent medical education programs. These programs included:
- The Canadian Public Health Association, Symposium on Examining Vaccination Against Serogroup B Meningococcal Disease (MenB), given at the Canadian Immunization Conference
- Laval University Chair in Knowledge Transfer, Education and Prevention in Respiratory and Cardiovascular Health, Training on the Therapeutic Education of Patients with COPD
- Queen's University, Preventing Meningococcal Disease – A Primer for Primary Care Physicians
- Queen's University, Childhood Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) Vaccination in Canada: Debunking the Myths and Misconceptions through Counselling on Vaccine Efficacy and Safety
- RESPIPLUS, Optimizing Your Practice with COPD Patients
Summaries of the independent medical education initiatives we fund in Canada each year will be posted upon completion of the selected activity.
If you have any questions regarding GSK grant payments to independent medical education providers in the meantime, please send an email to: email@example.com.