2019 Transparency Report
GSK’s voluntary decision to publish our payments to HCPs and HCOs is part of our commitment to greater transparency and high ethical standards in our business practices. The “Voluntary Framework on Disclosure” was developed by Innovative Medicines Canada.
Aggregate payments (one sum total)
*Total TOV to HCPs
†View a breakdown of individual payments made to HCPs.
‡Total TOV made to healthcare organizations
2019 GSK in Canada Sales
(Total Payments to HCPs and HCOs represent 0.37% of Sales)
Our 2019 Community Groups Grants and Donations total
GSK also provides and publishes funding made to patient groups.
For clarity purposes only, please note the following:
- Applicable taxes may be included or excluded.
- The values provided may include certain related incidental expenses (such as, but not limited to, mileage reimbursement for travel).
- Transfer of Value (ToV) is captured according to the General Ledger date (date of occurrence) and not necessarily the date on which payment was made. Therefore, some activities in 2018 are reported as ToVs in 2019, and some activities that occurred in 2019 will be reported in the 2020 report.
- Payments made to HCOs may include payments that were passed through to HCPs as fee for service and, if so, will be captured in either category 1 or category 2, but the same payment will not be captured in both categories.
- Total funding to HCOs may also include payments to Patient Associations, as the reporting system does not have the functionality to separate out such payments.
- HCPs engaged by GSK have each consented to disclosure of their names and payments. Pursuant to Canadian privacy regulations, consent to the individual disclosure of information may be withdrawn at any time.
- GSK has used its reasonable best efforts to capture the most comprehensive data possible according to its knowledge and interpretation of the Voluntary Framework of Payments to HCPs/HCOs.
NOTE: While GSK makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information, the Company makes no warranty and assumes no legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein. The Company shall not be liable for damages resulting from the use or misuse of the information contained on this website. Certain links may lead to resources located on servers that are not maintained by Company or under its control, and such hypertext links are provided as a convenience only. The inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement by or of the referenced site and the Company is not responsible for the contents of or the availability of access to such websites.