How we do it
Everyone at GSK focuses on three priorities: Innovation, Performance, Trust
We invest in scientific and technical excellence to develop and launch a pipeline of new products that meet the needs of patients, payers and consumers.
- £3.9bn R&D investment in 2017
- 3 significant approvals in 2017 – Shingrix, Trelegy Ellipta and Juluca
- £6.7bn new product sales in Pharmaceuticals and Vaccines in 2017
- 13% Consumer Healthcare sales in 2017 from product innovations launched over the past three years
We aim to achieve industry-leading growth by investing effectively in our business, developing our people and delivering flawlessly.
- £30.2bn total turnover in 2017
- £8.6bn adjusted operating profit in 2017
- £3.4bn free cash flow in 2017
- £3.9bn dividends paid in 2017
We commit to ensuring the quality, safety and reliable supply of our products; and to building trust through our approach to engagement, pricing, global health and being a modern employer.
- 85% of employees proud to work at GSK
- £261.6m donated in 2017 to local communities through product donations, time and cash
- 1st in Access to Medicines Index all 5 times since its launch in 2008
Our values and expectations
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
Patient Focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
Courage, Accountability, Development, Teamwork